An additional $184 million in RRRF funding was announced in October 2020, with southern Ontario CFDCs expected to deliver $30 million of this enhanced support to help local small businesses weather the COVID-19 pandemic.
Supporting Business In The 1000 Islands
Work, Live & Play
The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) provides financial contributions (interest-free loans) to help support fixed operating costs of SMEs, where business revenues have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. An additional $184 million in RRRF funding was announced in October 2020, with southern Ontario CFDCs expected to deliver $30 million of this enhanced support. Learn more here
In response to Covid 19
The 1000 Islands CDC recognizes the concern many of our businesses and residents are feeling during these difficult times. We are working closely with clients, friends and colleagues to provide relief wherever possible. We believe that the following information links may prove valuable in your search for support. Please contact us if you are in need of further assistance . . . and please stay safe.
- The Leeds Grenville Economic Development Office information on the impact of COVID-19
- Find COVID-related supports for businesses – get more information on specific programs and services being offered to businesses
- https://www.feddevontario.gc.ca/eic/site/723.nsf/eng/h_02567.html?OpenDocument – FedDev
- Pandemic Preparedness for Business – learn more about preparedness from the Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- innovation.canada.ca – platform as new supports becomes available.
- https://www.tradecommissioner.gc.ca/campaign-campagne/ressources-entreprises-COVID-19-business-resources.aspx?lang=eng – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Resources for Canadian businesses / Maladie à coronavirus (COVID-19) : Ressources pour les entreprises canadiennes
- https://www.bdc.ca/en/about/mediaroom/news_releases/pages/bdc-announces-additional-measures-provide-relief-canadian-entrepreneurs.aspx – Business Development Bank of Canada – Support for Entrepreneurs impacted by coronavirus
- EDC stands ready to support Canadian exporters impacted by COVID-19 – Export Development Canada
- Updated FAQs: what Canadian exporters need to know about the coronavirus
- The expanding coronavirus (COVID-19) threat
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Managing the impact on global supply chains
- https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/coronavirus.html – Employment and Social Development Canada
- https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/work-sharing/temporary-measures-forestry-sector.html – Work-Sharing Program pages
- https://canada-preview.adobecqms.net/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/coronavirus.html – ESDC COVID-19 Employment and Social Development Canada – Support Measures page
Our organization serves the needs of businesses, individuals and community groups throughout the area.
Our service territory includes:
- City of Brockville
- Town of Gananoque
- Township of Leeds & The Thousand Islands
- Front of Yonge Township
- Village of Athens
- Elizabethtown-Kitley Township
We are dedicated to helping small and medium sized businesses by providing:
- Business Loans
- Access To Capital
- Advice And Counselling
- Referrals To Specialists
- Liaison With Conventional Lenders
- Assistance With Business Plans
- Information On Government Programs
We offer commercial loans up to $250,000 to new or existing businesses in South Leeds when financing from more traditional sources is unavailable or otherwise insufficient.
If you are planning to start a small business, or are already in business but need counselling, we are here to help you succeed. Contact us today for your personal consultation.
New RIIEO Program
Rural Innovation Initiative Eastern Ontario is non-repayable performance-based funding from $25,000 up to $100,000 to expand business growth and adoption of advanced business innovation processes.
The Successful EODP Recipients page showcases businesses that have been successful in receiving assistance from the Thousand Islands Community Development Corporation.