RRRF Program Details
$39.4 million in funding available through CFDCs to help local small businesses weather the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) provides financial contributions (interest-free loans) to help support fixed operating costs of SMEs, where business revenues have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Fund, valued at more than $962 million nationally, is delivered by Canada’s six regional development agencies.
In southern Ontario, $252.4 million is available as follows:
- $213 million for SMEs facing financial pressure; and
- $39.4 million to provide rural businesses with access to capital and technical support, delivered by southern Ontario’s Community Futures Development Corporations.
FUNDING AVAILABLE THROUGH 1000 ISLANDS CDC
In order to provide targeted assistance to the small towns and communities they serve, CFDCs will focus on assisting “main street” businesses, such as retail shops, restaurants, corner stores, and businesses of strategic importance to their communities, with loans up to $40,000.
- Eligible applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- established prior to March 1, 2020;
- impacted adversely by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- viable and not experiencing other financial difficulties prior to March 1, 2020;
- have attempted to access other federal relief supports and were ineligible, rejected, or require funding for expenses that have not been supported, with priority given to applicants who were ineligible or rejected from other federal relief supports.
Applications can be submitted for:
- Loans of up to $40,000 to help address working capital needs.
- Apply on-line.
- Contact our Business Loans Officer, Mr. Bob Myers, by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (345-6216 ext. 103).
FUNDING AVAILABLE THROUGH FEDDEV ONTARIO
FedDev Ontario is delivering $213 million in funding support to SMEs impacted by COVID-19 that do not qualify for, or have been declined for, current Government of Canada COVID-19 relief measures.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a Canadian or provincially incorporated business, co-operative or an Indigenous-owned business located in southern Ontario with 1 to 499 full-time equivalent employees.
- Be facing funding pressures with fixed operating costs as a result of COVID-19.
- Have been a viable business before the COVID-19 pandemic and plan to continue to operate their business or resume operations.
- Have already applied to other Government of Canada emergency credit relief measures for which they are eligible, as outlined in the program guidelines.
For the RRRF funding provided directly by FedDev Ontario, priority may be given to SMEs that fall within the manufacturing, technology, tourism and other sectors key to the region, that are major employers in small communities, or that support the government’s commitment to underrepresented groups.
Please note: Applicants will not receive RRRF assistance from both the 1000 Islands CDC and FedDev Ontario. Review the program guidelines to see which stream is right for you.
RRRF Fund Details
Learn more about the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund
COVID-19 Application Files
Below are the RRRF Application files ready for download.
Download Fillable (PDF) Application
To successfully complete the RRRF application please follow these directions.
Click on the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund Application link above.
This will download the RRRF application to your computer. If the file opens within the browser you will need to manually download it to your computer from the browser because edits made to the RRRF application within your browser are not saved.
Locate the file you just downloaded (likely in your download folder unless you specified another folder).
Open the PDF and complete the RRRF application.
Return to this page and use the "Drop files here or click to upload" box shown below and upload the RRRF application and all supporting files.
Type in your name, email address and phone number, confirm you are not a robot and hit submit.
Contact us today ... we are here to help!